Data Type allows to choose from different sources of data:
- Buys – Will display only trades that occur at the ask or above
- Sells – Will display only trades that occur at the bid and below
- Linear Delta – Will display the buys minus the sells that occurred at that price level.
- Diagonal Delta – Will display the upper price buys at Ask minus the lower price sells at Bid.
- Total – This will display both buys and sells, this will be your regular volume profile.
Trading hours will let you set the session for the profile to display.
Filter Mode is a very useful and advanced setting. You can spot price levels that were traded by large lot traders, small trades and much more. Filter mode inherits the value from Filter Value. This setting allows you to apply several times of filter conditions:
- Equal – Display volume that is equal to the Filter Value. Useful if you are tracking a particular quantity of volume traded.
- Does Not Equal – Displays volume were the trades do not match the value of Filter Value. Useful if you do not want to see one lot trades, for example.
- Less Than – Filters the volume that is lower than the specified Filter Value. Useful to see the activity of small trades.
- Less Than or Equal– Expands the previous Filter Mode allowing you to include the value specified in the Filter Value.
- Greater Than – Display volumes that are above the Filter Value. This is a common setting among volume profile. Allows you to spot the large traded quantities and price levels that traded heavily.
- Greater Than or Equal – expands the previous Filter Mode, allowing you to include the value set on Filter Value option. Like the previous Filter Mode, this setting allows for an easy display of were large trade volume.
The value used to filter the column.
Set to enable the reconstruction and consolidation of smaller trades. Thus filtering for the reconstructed value of the trade and not the linear size of the trade.
VPOC and Value Area
Show VA and VPOC
Value Area Percentage
Permits you set the Value Area Percentage. By default, its set at 68.2% that equal one standard deviation limit of the volume traded. This will color the bars that account for 68.2% of the volume on the column. Although most traders use 68.2% or 70%. There is no reason why you could not customize this setting. You could easily have another volume column set to 95.4%, which is the second standard deviation value.
Value Area Color
Visual setting to color the bars that represent the specified value Area.
Visual setting to color the bars that represent the specified Volume Point of Control.
Text to Display
- Volume – Display the raw volume values
- Percentage – Display the percentage of volume by price. Useful to compare between days or instruments as a percentage is a ratio or a relative number and expressed as a fraction. This is also useful if you are looking at low volume areas that are below a certain percentage value.
- Bar and Text – Will display both the Bar in its relative size as well as any text chose in the previous setting.
- Bar – Will only display the bar. Nevertheless, if you hover a specific price level the text will appear to inform of the value present at that price.
- Text – Will only display text.
- Right – Text displays at the right end of the cell
- Left – Text displays at the left end of the cell.
- Left to Right – Bars will start from the left end and populate to the right
- Right To Left – Bars will start from the right and populate to the left
Useful to create tornado charts using the Data Type setting.
Simple toggle option to set Transparency of bars. The transparency is set relative to the total profile volume. This will create a visual effect that will allow you to spot areas that heavily traded in comparison to low volume traded areas. This gives you instant visual feedback. Besides, looks good 😊!
Visual setting to color the bars outside the Value Area and VPOC or if the Show VA and VPOC are turned off this color will be applied to all bars if Visual Type setting is set to Bars or bars and Text.
Delta Positive Color
When Delta Data Type is set this will color the bars where buys are greater that sells.
Delta Negative Color
When Delta Data Type is set this will color the bars where sells are greater that buys.
Last Price Color
This will plot a line in the top of the cell that is the last traded price.
Summary Statistics that show you various metrics from the trading session.
- Total Volume – Total volume of the session – Text color inherits the color of Color for Text
- Delta – Total amount of buy-side volume minus sell side volume – Text color inherits from the Delta Negative or Positive Color
- Sells – Total amount of sell-side volume – Text color inherits from the Delta Negative or Positive Color
- Buys – Total amount of buy-side volume – Text color inherits from the Delta Negative or Positive Color
- Session Range – Shows the range of the session in price levels – Text color inherits from the Delta Negative or Positive Color and its colored based on the percentage change of the session.
- Session Percentage Change – Text color inherits from the Delta Negative or Positive Color and its color based on the percentage change of the session.
Color for Background
Sets the color for the column Background
Color for Text
Sets the color for the text in volume profile and Total volume in the Summary Statistics
Cursor Highlighting Enable
Sets highlighting to the cell when the cursor is hovering.
Cursor Highlighting Color
Sets the color for the mouse highlighting.
Clear Button Back Color
Sets the color for the background of the clear button.
Clear Button Icon Color
Sets the color for the icon of the clear button.
Ask Before Clear
Set if you require a warning message before you clear the column.
Simple toggle option to enable you to discretionary reset the volume profile by pressing the F5 key. Useful if you want to reset the profile while having another session Volume Pro column to compare when for example a reference level like high or low of the session is hit.
Clear Column, Key Modifier
Choose between Ctrl (Control Key Modifier), Alt (Alt Key Modifier) or Shift (Shift Key Modifier) to set the first key to clear based on Hot-Keys.
Clear Column, Key
Choose between different keys on your keyboard. In conjunction with the Key Modifier will produce a Clear column Hot-Key for that particular column.
Sets the label title for the column. Useful when you have multiple columns with different settings on the SuperDOM.